Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Famous Black Geminis
Lionel Richie June 20, 1949
Kanye West June 8, 1977
Lauryn Hill May 25, 1975
Lenny Kravits May 26, 1964
Lisa Left Eye Lopes May 27, 1971
Prince June 7, 1958
Venus Williams June 17, 1980
Tupac June 16, 1971
Biggie Smalls May 21, 1972
Miles Davis May 26, 1926
To listen into our show on Geminis and the Gemini energy click here ---->>>> http://www.blogtalkradio.com/poeticenergynetworkstation/2012/06/12/conversations-with-the-queen
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Monday, June 4, 2012
LOW COBRA POSE: Start by lying down on your stomach with your legs together.
Your arms should be at your side, close to the body, with elbows bent and palms flat on the floor, tucked beneath the front of your shoulders. Spread your fingers wide.
Your chin and pelvis should be pressed against the floor, and your feet should be hip-width apart with your toes pointing backward.
Inhale and begin to lift your chest up slowly, keeping the ribs on the floor. Drop your shoulders away from your ears and broaden your upper chest. Keep your buttocks muscles tight.
Squeezing your shoulder blades together will build strength in the upper back while stretching the chest.
Hold the pose for one minute or more. Breathe deeply. Raise your sternum as you inhale; then contract your upper back and stretch your legs, pressing the pelvis down, as you exhale.
Release when you need to by rolling the front spine down one vertebra at a time as you exhale.
Finally, relax and feel the wonderful mental and physical benefits of this pose.
Benefits of Cobra Pose:
- Stretches muscles in the shoulders, chest and abdominals
- Decreases stiffness of the lower back
- Strengthens the arms and shoulders
- Increases flexibility
- Improves menstrual irregularities
- Elevates mood
- Firms and tones the buttocks
- Invigorates the heart
- Stimulates organs in the abdomen, like the kidneys
- Relieves stress and fatigue
- Opens the chest and helps to clear the passages of the heart and lungs
- Improves circulation of blood and oxygen, especially throughout the spinal and pelvic regions
- Improves digestion
- Strengthens the spine
- Soothes sciatica
- Helps to ease symptoms of asthma